My Sleeve and Me :)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012
I wanted to start a blog about my sleeve journey. I had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. It's where they remove approximately 85% of your stomach. This is done laparoscopically, or at least was in my case. This means they use scopes to go in through small incisions in the abdomen and cut the stomach that way. Then they use the same scopes to staple the remaining stomach. This is different than the Gastric Bypass surgery that has become popular lately. 

I decided to have this surgery because I was tired of the Yo-Yo dieting I had been doing for about 25 years. I have been on diets since the age of 8. I recently tried using doctor monitored prescription pills. That worked until it didn't work! I lost over 60 pounds and gained it back with a vengeance. I even tried the Daniel Fast to try and kick start my healthier eating habits and try not to gain more than I had lost and that failed too. After last summer, I was exhausted, depressed, and tired of trying. That's when my friend who had a gastric bypass a year and a half ago told me, "You need to do this...and I will HELP!" She became my personal advocate and I am sitting her with a smaller stomach, losing weight, eating healthy and LOVING it!!

It's definitely NOT a miracle cure by any means, there is still a LOT of work involved. But if you are willing to put in the work, the sleeve will assist you in a way no diet EVER could!!

I am so happy to have had this experience! Please, please, please, if you have any questions or comments, leave them here!! I want to be advocates for others who are struggling, just like my friend was!!

Thanks!
Cortnee :)

1 comments:

  1. Hey Cortnee, what you are doing is great. Helping to bring your body into true health and inspiring others to do the same is a tremendous positive move for your life and the lives of others. Obesity is at epidemic proportions in this nation. I am older and loosing weight which used to be easy for me isn't anymore. My obesity is really harming my health right now and I must seek a solution or I'm going the way of all the earth sooner than I need too. God's greatest blessings to you and those you are supporting.

Post a Comment

Post your comment here...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools